Can you believe we’ve had 2 weeks of school already! It’s going by fast.
I sent this information in an email, but just in case you missed it, I thought I would also include it in a blog post.
- Full Day: Next week, we will begin our full days here in Prep 4, dismissing at 3 pm. If your child is going to ride the bus home in the afternoons, please email me the bus information (child’s name, compound, bus name and number)
- Pillow and Blanket: Also, next week, the children will begin having a rest time in the afternoon. Please provide them a small blanket (airline blanket size is perfect) and pillow or stuffed toy for sleeping. Please note, the blanket and pillow or stuffed toy MUST be small enough to fit in their cubby. We do not have space to store large blankets or pillows. We will send blankets and pillows home each Friday for washing.
- Family photo: As soon as possible, please send me a family photo. This can be one that you already have printed out, or you may email me one. It does not have to be a professional photo. Any family photo that you have on your phone, camera, laptop, or iPad will do. If you email it to me, I will print it out for you.
- Extra Clothing/Donations: Please make sure your child has two (2) full sets of extra clothing here at school. One set can be kept in your child’s backpack and one set in their cubby at all times. Also, if you have any clean clothing that you would like to donate to the ELC, it would be greatly appreciated. On occasion, a child may have a bathroom accident or get excessively dirty or wet from play and they do not have any extra clothing. In this instance, having some extra clothing to borrow from the ELC is very helpful. We are happy to accept, underwear, pants, shorts, shirts, and dresses.
- Update Contact information: Please email myself along with Sheila in the Admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to update your contact information. It is helpful to have both parent’s names, phone numbers and email addresses in our Veracross system so that we have lots of options in an emergency situation.
- Class Blog: I have subscribed all parents to our class blog. If you would prefer me to use a different email address to subscribe you to the blog, please let me know. Class blogs are our main way of sharing with you the learning that is taking place in our classroom.
- Parent Connection Meeting: Thank you very much to those families who have already completed booking their time for the ‘Parent Teacher Connection Meeting’ on Friday, 1 September. For those of you who have yet to choose a time, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible as it is an expectation that parents attend this meeting. Please click on this link to book your appointment time.
If you have any questions concerning any of this information, please email me.
Have a great weekend!