- Next week children will start having full days at school, (finishing at 3:00pm). The children will also begin having a rest time in the afternoon. Please provide them a small blanket and pillow or stuffed toy for sleeping. Please note, the blanket and pillow or stuffed toy MUST be small enough to fit in their cubby. We do not have space to store large blankets or pillows. We will send blankets and pillows home each Friday for washing.
- Lunches can be dropped before 12:15 on the labelled metal shelving just before you get to the ELC gate, ( this only applies to those of you who might prefer sending hot lunches)
- As part of our first unit, ‘Who We Are’, children have been sharing, with the rest of the class, where they are from, what they like to play and some of their favourite food.
- As soon as possible, please send me a family photo, ( This will facilitate discussions). It can be one that you already have printed out, or you may email me one. It does not have to be a professional photo. Any family photo that you have on your phone, camera, laptop, or iPad will do. If you email it to me, I will print it out for you.
- Please make sure your child has two (2) full sets of extra clothing here at school. One set can be kept in your child’s backpack and one set in their cubby at all times. Also, if you have any clean clothing that you would like to donate to the ELC, it would be greatly appreciated. On occasion, a child may have a bathroom accident or get excessively dirty or wet from play and they do not have any extra clothing. In this instance, having some extra clothing to borrow from the ELC is very helpful. We are happy to accept, underwear, pants, shorts, shirts, and dresses.
- Please email myself along with Sheila in the Admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to update your contact information. It is helpful to have both parent’s names, phone numbers and email addresses in our Veracross system so that we have lots of options in an emergency situation.
- I subscribed all parents to our class blog last week. Please let me know if you are having problems accessing the blog. Class blogs are our main way of sharing with you the learning that is taking place in our classroom.
Have a wonderful weekend!