Our mission is to:
- Promote a love for learning
- Support and compliment the three IB programmes and the school’s Information Technology curriculum
- Promote a stimulating environment that encourages inquiry, enrichment, self-direction and communication of ideas through print and non-print media.
- Monday to Thursday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday 7:30am – 3:00pm
We have an open door policy in the Library. Students may visit any time to check out books, find information, read, or create. Primary students have a scheduled weekly time for book exchange; however, they are more than welcome to visit the Library on other days. If students are coming from class then the teacher needs to have given the student permission to go to the Library.
The Library Team
- Antonella Giovannetti – Whole School Teacher Librarian
- Manuel Nduli – Library Assistant
- Tito Kapenda – Library Assistant
- Antonio Dembos – Library Assistant
- Jacinta Malanda – Library Assistant
- Yana Bondarenko – Teacher Librarian
The number of library items that students can borrow varies according to the student’s year level and if their Library account is in good standing. Items are circulated for two weeks and may be renewed or returned before the due date. *Please note items may be renewed as long as no other patron has a hold on the item.
Depending on circumstances borrowing may be restricted if students have overdue, damaged or lost Library items. Overdue notices and/or fines for lost or damaged items is sent via email. Lost or damaged items incur a fine calculated at the cost of the item plus 40% postage and handling.
If library items are not returned, there are two options available for clearing the library account:
- Option one – Replace the item with exactly the same book that was lost – This is our preferred option.
- Option two – Pay for the cost of the lost item plus a 40% surcharge. An invoice for the lost or damaged item and information for the payment process is given to the borrower and/or shared via email.
Please note that we do not provide refunds, or return replacement items, if the lost item is found at a later date. You may either keep the original book or donate it to the library.