To participate in our blogging community, you must follow these guidelines
Think about your digital privacy:
▪ Use your first name only to identify yourself.
▪ Leave off your home email, your street address, phone number, or school name.
▪ Don’t share specifics of your daily routines that involve time and location (ie where & when your soccer practice is)
▪ Do not post photos of others without their permission.
Think about supporting your classmates:
▪ Be polite, friendly, and encouraging.
▪ Have some humour, but be careful with sarcasm.
▪ If you disagree, don’t be rude about it; give constructive (helpful) feedback.
Blogs are in a public space.
Think about presenting yourself in the best manner possible:
▪ Follow the rules of the Perfect Paragraph.
▪ Write in academic language, not text-speak or slang.
▪ Don’t post anything about yourself you wouldn’t want broadcast on the evening news around the world.
▪ Support your point of view with specific examples and information from reliable resources.
▪ Give credit to your sources of information.
▪ Use Creative Commons licensed images and media.
Thank you to the following blogs, whose guidelines helped us shape our expectations:
Do you have any suggestions for additional expectations? Please add them in the comments.