For our first lesson, we are going to look at different blogs out in the world. First, what is blogging? To find out how blogging is used in the world, explore at least three of the blogs below. Please visit at least one blog in English and at least one blog in Spanish.
- Oaxaca Cultural Navigator – This blog about Oaxaca highlights a lot of Mexican holidays, as well as the culture and daily life of Oaxaca.
- Jewish Holidays in a Box – a company’s blog about all of the Jewish holidays
- OE Travel Blogs – Overseas Experience Travel Blogs. Use the categories on the right to navigate the page.
- Smiths in Uganda – One family’s blog about traveling (seemingly) around the world
- Always Chasing – Travel blog about weather, the environment and visiting new places.
- Western River Trip Review – Company Blog Reviewing different rafting trips
- Viajando por ahí – Relatos, fotos y reflexiones de una viajera por el mundo
- Diario de a bordo – Blog de viajes por el mundo
- Halconviajes – Blog de fiestas (holidays)
After you review 2-3 different blogs, please fill out your blog evaluation form. Make sure to note what you liked about a specific blog, name your favorite post, and describe the purpose.