Last week our Year 6 students and team embarked on the Y6 camp. Students arrived at school on Thursday morning with a lot of enthusiasm and many, with very full bags! The focus of our camp was on the attitudes of independence, cooperation and enthusiasm, as well as building community through teamwork and collaboration.
Many teachers from different sections of the school led a range of activities that promoted the importance and benefits of working in a team. Activities included:
- Development of Camp Essential Agreements
- Tent set-up and dismantle
- Cooperative games with Mr. Andy
- Mindfulness activities with Ms. Michelle and Ms. Nicola
- Team games with Ms. Nicky
- Art activities with Ms. Hannah
- Predator and Prey with Mr. Chiltern
- Morning Yoga with Ms. Molly
- Capture the Flag with Mr. Ali and Mr. Paul
- Singing with Ms. Betsy
- Pool team games with the PE Aquatics Department
Students also had sessions of unstructured time where they chose to engage in activities including reading, chatting, playing tag, playing frisbee, and participating in running races.
Overall, the camp was a great success! We hope you enjoy the following photos of camp: