Students have been focusing on a particular aspect of exploration from the polar regions, land, space or ocean to identify DISCOVERIES and IMPACTS;
- What has been discovered?
- How have these discoveries impacted our lives?
In maths, we’ve been investigating the concepts of time and direction by looking at maps and solving problems related to timezones.
How can parents help at home?
- Find some recount texts to read together.
- Ask your child to show you some multiplication and division strategies they’ve learned in class.
- Talk about maps, use GPS when you travel and work out time zones.
- Use coordinates and directions while travelling or playing games (chess).