We are in the process of consolidating all the data we have collected from our interviews with members of the school community. We gathered a range of perspectives on our chosen issues and deepened our understanding of why certain behaviours occur and the connection those behaviours have with beliefs and values.
In language, we are editing and proofreading our stories for publishing. Some are in the process of writing their other stories.
In maths we are wrapping up our learning about probability by consolidating our understanding of the vocabulary and the strategies we use to calculate probability.
We had our Global Play Day where the students demonstrated creativity, independence, organization and problem-solving skills. The event was a success and it’s a great opportunity for the students to enjoy play with their peers. See some reflections and quotes from students below:
- “I’m going to be a risk-taker and play a new game called baseball because we ALWAYS play soccer!”
- “I learned how to be a better problem solver because our fort kept falling down and we had to make a plan.”
- “I developed my social skills and self management skills because I organised all the stuff I was going to bring the day before.”
- “The best moment was when the F.B.I came and put Ms. Faber in jail!!”
- “I developed being a risk-taker because I had to try new things and make speeches for Fort Land.”
How you can help at home:
- Ensure that your child has time for Mathletics practice
- Ask your child to explain what they’ve learned about probability