The students have completed their summative assessments and are in the process of organising their portfolios and taking action.
For our next unit we’re focusing on the concepts of supply and demand and we are looking for resource speakers who are knowledgeable in these areas:
- Real estate
- Advertising (writers)
- Service providers (hotels, restaurants, telecommunications, water suppliers etc.)
- Manufacturing (factories, wholesale, retail)
- Infrastructure (mains water and electricity)
- Farming and fishing industries
Here are some questions we’d like to inquire into:
- What are some challenges that you encounter in providing goods and services?
- What hinders and helps a successful business?
- What factors affect supply and demand?
Please let us know if you have any contacts in these lines of business.
Monday the 19th and Tuesday the 20th the students will take the International Schools Assessment (ISA). The children will be at their best after 11 hours sleep and a healthy breakfast. There is no need to study or prepare for the test as the questions require critical thinking. Please be aware that additional stress and pressure might have a negative impact on their tests.