Thanks to all the parents for showing support and asking questions during the Student Led Conferences. Please see below for some student and parent reflections and photographs
- I learnt she is becoming quite a good writer and is progressing with her critical thinking skills.
- I have truly enjoyed learning that she is becoming more confident and sure of her work.
- I liked hearing how you would teach your brother about responsible use when using technology.
- Her information and perspective show how much she has learnt.
- I love that she can connect school learning with daily life.
- I was a good communicator because I explained in English and Spanish.
- I was balanced because I looked at the time so I knew when to move to the next station.
- I should improve on explaining the inquiry cycle more clearly.
- I was balanced because I had everything planned out and organised.
This week, we started our Digital Citizenship Course. Students have been learning about managing their screen time, being safe with their personal information online and learning how to be a digital leader. If students do not complete certain missions in school, it is expected that they will complete these at home. Please support your child in this and share their learning.
We played the Market Game as a provocation to the concepts ‘Equity and Interdependence’. The students came up with connections, questions and issues related to the concepts and central idea. Also, thank you to our guest speaker Mr. Mike, from Shoprite who explained the distribution cycle to the students.
In Language, we looked at different samples of product and service descriptions. We identified words and techniques used, and orally described familiar products and services.
In Maths, we continued investigating fractions by finding fractions of regions, exploring equivalent fractions with manipulatives and searching for connections between fractions, decimals and percentages.