The students have chosen their specific research topic and came up with research questions. They have started planning for their research; identifying sources and gathering data.
To focus our research we are using the reading strategies connecting, comparing, inferring and creating images. While reading at home students can practice these strategies by making connections to previous experiences in their own lives, comparing writing styles and perspectives of the different texts they read.
In language we are focusing on writing personal recount. Students are expected to use descriptive details about significant events from their own lives.
- Talk about some memorable moments in your family and send photos to help the students verbally recount that event.
- Following on from Annie’s request to make an action plan, visit this website with your parents and sign up to upload your action plan. What 5 changes will you make to help combat global warming? You will receive a climate ambassador certificate.
- Guide your child in his/her data gathering, focusing on the research questions
- The reason for exploration
- The impacts of exploration (benefits and drawbacks)
- What innovation is needed to make this exploration successful
- What new understandings have been developed as a result of this exploration