Welcome to 2.1! We are so excited for the year ahead and look forward to getting to know you and your children.
For your information:
We realize a new school year is an exhilarating (yet overwhelming!) time. We’d like to share a few notes that will help us ease into our new year:
- Our main method of communication to parents about learning in 2.1 will be through our class blog. On this blog I will be sharing information about the students’ learning engagements, the curriculum, lots of pictures of the goings on in the class and some recommendations about how you as parents can assist your child’s learning. So that you can stay in touch with all the fun learning going on in our class, I recommend that you check the blog regularly. I also recommend that you subscribe to our blog so that you receive a weekly email that will include links to all of the newest postings. To subscribe, find the “Subscribe by Email” section at the bottom right hand of the page and enter the email address where you would like notifications to be sent.
- Please send a small, nutritious snack with your child each day; make sure that your child can manage opening their snack without help, as independence is a big part of our learning.
- Sun safety is a priority at LIS. Please send a labeled hat and reusable water bottle to school; both are required for play during break times.
- On library days, we encourage students to bring a separate bag with them to ensure books are not damaged in their backpacks.
- Please ensure your child wears PE gear (shorts, t-shirt and appropriate shoes) on their 2 scheduled PE days. On swimming days, please pack a swim kit including: swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, and flip-flops.
- It is crucial that you inform us, or the LIS office, of any changes to your child’s school transportation arrangements: bus, private car, play-dates, etc. Thank you for understanding – your child’s safety is very important to us.
- All families must complete the language profile that has been sent home. Please return it to the classroom as soon as possible.
Finally, all parents are reminded that Connection Meetings will be held on Friday 1st September 2017. Sign ups will be done online this year (more information to follow).